Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Where did February go?

There sure has been a lot of talk and grumbling about the winter weather we have been having this year. I do not understand what the commotion is about. I guess the only power we have over the weather is to complain about it, but complaints are like excuses - they only satisfy the one who is giving/making them!

So here it is March already and I did not make one post in February. Okay, here is an excuse for you - every time I log on to this blog account my password will not work. I have had to change my password every time (and yes, I write them down)! My cheat-sheet is getting longer and longer. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have still been working on some unfinished projects - moving on towards my goal. In February I finished an old table runner for Valentines day. I picked this up years ago on a remnant table at a local quilt shop. I am not too happy with the finished results because I was in too big of a hurry. I stretched the borders as I was stitching the binding on - thus causing the ripple effect. I am ashamed of myself because it is all I see now. Perhaps next year I will remove the binding and reapply it, but for now, it is on to the next thing.

I just got the call from my long arm quilter last Friday and my Lori Smith Sampler quilt is finished and ready for pickup! Yay! Now I can look forward to some quiet hand stitching in the evenings. I think I will baste the binding on first before sewing on the machine so not to stretch the edges again. What application works best for you when attaching binding? Is there an easier way?

As I think over all the UFO's I have stored away, I have come to the realization that some of these projects are items I purchased unfinished! I am such a sucker for these as I make the excuse, "well, it is half finished so it won't take so long to complete." Ha! Some UFO's are rejects because they are not square, or the stitching is coming apart, or the construction is not all that good. But I am pretty picky about the quality - it has to be worth my time. My time loss is their storage time while I own them. I do like pondering what the original maker was thinking when she started it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment