Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 is Coming to a Close...

...so I better get my last post in before the new year. I am close to my original goal of finishing 12 UnFinished Objects.  I made it to 9 and I am happy with that number.  It has been a busy year outside the sewing room.  Hopefully in 2015 I can accomplish more. 

And to help me, I recently made the commitment to join the Stashbuster's 2015 UFO Challenge. They are a fun group of quilters who offer lots of encouragement and support. And they are definitely the group to go to when your mojo needs boosting! Always motivating you to do "just one thing".

For the record, "finished" means it is quilted, the binding done, and is ready for use - or as Nancy V. says, "for proper aging".  (Love it!)

 My list of finishes for 2014:

1. El Dorado Canyon  (see January post)


2.  Summer Days - this quilt is huge - as most Thimbleberies quilts are!


3. Boston Creek Mystery - I love the fabrics! Moda of course!



4. Scrappy Nines - now hanging on my daughter's wall. This is so appropriate since her husband is color blind. The neutrals are easy on his eyes!


5. Vintage Blue Pinwheel - hand quilted





6. Lori Smith's Sampler

 


 7. Celtic Solstice - How many pieces??



8. Chocolate Covered Cherries - quilted with cherries and leaves. One of my favorites!


9. Kitty Korner - another favorite! Reds, blacks, yellows, greens and taupes. And just a few purples for zap!





Vintage Maple Leaves - Well actually, this is NOT a finish since it has yet to be quilted. It just needed its borders for years and I finally got them on. Half the problem was finding fabric that would go with those vintage calicoes that were so popular in the late 80's and 90's. Now it is ready for the long arm quilter and will have to be included in the 2015 count. Hopefully it will be back in my possession before I find myself Queen of the Week!


Check out those old calicos!
 
I still have a large plastic tub of these VIP fabrics that I just cannot part with. They are not like today's fabrics - a little less in quality I think - but they still charm me. I need to strip out my favorites and let the rest go! Do you have any of these still hanging out with your stash too?

--------------------------------------------------

So I finished the year with 75% of my goal met. Not including the pinwheel table topper, all were full sized quilts and 2 began from scratch. Kitty Korner and Chocolate Covered Cherries. You have to have some new projects in there too!

I spent the month of December playing Project Runway with my American Girl Doll. She was my model for making clothes for my grand-daughters this Christmas. I'll make a special post picturing all her outfits next time. That effort was so much fun!!

And I can't forget the 12 quick table runners I made for Christmas presents. They were the one hour table runners and were so addictive to make.  I'll have to make this a subject for another post with directions. 

One final share -  I was feeling really ambitious one day and cut up a box of strips into bricks for some future mindless sewing. I could almost do snow angels in the scraps. You know it was a productive day when your sewing room looks like this!



Have a happy and safe new year!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts and you had a busy productive year! Great job! Kathy Aho in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! And I love the links and wisdom you share on Stashbuster's!

    ReplyDelete