Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Q3 FAL Finishes 2

It's still time to report to the Finish Along with Adrianne at On the Windy Side with high hopes to snag a win! 


This is a small finish but counts as another to be ticked off my list titled FAL Q3 Quilting Goals

This blue table-runner was hand-quilted in the evenings - something I love to do. Handwork is so relaxing. I could have done more but I want to move on toward more finishes. 







It was previously pictured on my post, FAL Q3 Quilting Goals, in July. I removed the corner triangles and left the ends pointed. I like it better this way.

I could imagine making more of these. Not necessarily this pattern but more "Skinny Quilts". Table runners can be fast projects and they are perfect for practicing piecing skills and innovative designs that do not take up a big investment of time and materials.

I've even begun to think about my goals for 2016. It is time to pull to the top of the list at least ONE heirloom quality item that I really dream of completing. You know, one from the bucket list! THE ONE quilt that shows my best work and the one my children will fight over. (But I want to make more than one so they don't have to fight over such silly things! - It's just all stuff, you know?)

If you'd like to read more about prioritizing your goals, check out Lori Kennedy's Quilt Notebook Series at The Inbox Jaunt.  It is time for me to rethink my priorities.


When it comes to quilting, our most limited resource is TIME…











1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely finish! I have an ever-growing list of table runners I want to make, too!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete