Sunday, November 29, 2015

Two More Finishes

My Triple 9-Patch is quilted, bound, and completed! The label on the back is ready to sign along with a Scripture verse. I love to think that my grandson will read this verse and ponder its meaning as he closes his day - warm and safe in his bed

 





 

 
This quilt was a fun project. I loved combining the bright prints in differing combinations. The quilting includes boats and waves...which looked good on paper, but now I wish I had gone with the bubbles like Luke's Syncopation quilt...but I'm pretty sure it will look fine once it is washed and shrinks into the design more. 

This quilt finished at 67" x 89", perimeter is 312", top used 6 yards of fabric, backing - 5 yards, and binding - 1/2 yard, for a total of 11.5 yards of stash busted! Can I make the 50 yard mark? I'm nearly there!



Next is what I call my "Sherbet Quilt". The colors remind me of sherbet. This was a mystery quilt I participated in a few years ago (I forget where or I would leave a link).  Mystery quilts can sometimes be a gamble. If you do not have a good idea of how the fabrics will work together, the finish may, and can be a disappointment. 

Miss Sherbet was an unexpected finish as it was not listed on my top UFO list for finishing this year. I sent it off to the long-arm quilter because I wanted to give it as a gift this Christmas. I found a perfect recipient! This throw size quilt finished at 71" x 71", perimeter is 284". I used 5 yards for the top, 4 yards backing, and 1/2 yard for the binding. Total stash busted = 9.5 yards!


My hexagon table-topper is completed and sitting on my antique 3-legged table. I hope it does not fade as this room gets a lot of light. 

I'll call it a total of 2 yards of fabrics for the whole project. I wish I had the pattern as I would like to make another. I bought the top somewhere along my travels, so all I had to do was quilt and bind it. It even included the binding fabric. Bonus! 

I recently did an inventory of my kits and UFO's. I found several table-topper kits that I really should try to make a concentrated effort to complete. They are a nice quick "fix" when you feel the need for an "accomplishment". I'll have to include a few in our 2016 UFO Challenge

Please feel welcome to join us at Stashbusters if you are not already. This yahoo list is so supportive and friendly! I love the little games they play to motivate myself. Even if it is "just one thing"!  

This will probably be my next to last posting for a finish this year. Christmas sewing has absorbed the majority of my time right now. My Going to Grandma's quilt is presently at the long-arm quilter, but she should be calling me soon for pick up. 

Until next time, may all your stitches be happy ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment