Wednesday, March 29, 2017

New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt for Another Finish

It is the end of the first quarter of 2017 and I have another "finish" to report!  
My number 5 listing from my First Quarter Goal List was the New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt I participated in on Yahoo's group, MTMysteryQuilts. 

This, of course, was started on December 31st of 2016 with clues given each hour. The hardest part was keeping up (I didn't) but the motivation was - what will it look like when the final clue comes up?



I usually shy away from Mystery Quilts but because I already had a layer cake and some coordinating fabrics, I dove in. I am glad I did because I love the finished product!




I made mine slightly larger than directed so she finished at 91" x 91". Including the backing, I busted 16 yards of stash! 






It was nicely machine quilted by my long-arm quilter using varigated thread. 
 
Time to link this up at  the She Can Quilt blog as an official finish!



 

1 comment:

  1. That's one big (& beautiful) quilt! And the quilting is stunning! Well done on another Q1 finish. Jxo

    ReplyDelete