Monday, February 26, 2018

Something Ugly

I got caught up in the jelly roll race madness a few years back. After making a few tops that I loved, I decided to attack a box of my scrappy strips and use up the blues and browns. 

What did I get? Yuck! It is ugly! And not even usable size. So it's been hanging around since and was nearly donated to goodwill until...

I found a pattern in Modern Quilts that gave me the idea of adding a strip of plus blocks. Plus blocks are so popular right now and this worked out perfectly to give this old Yuck! into something new. I am much more satisfied and even anxious to get it done. It measures 71" x 87" and hope to quilt it soon for a complete finish!



So, never give up on projects that you might call duds. Sometimes they just need to "cure" in the back closet until the next idea comes along!

What have you made that disappointed you? Have your found a new way to make it into something you like? I'd love to hear your story!







If you would like more ideas for plus quilt designs, you should check out Cheryl's Meadow Mist Designs. She is hosting a Modern Plus Sign Quilts book hop through the month of March. I am afraid I have added to my wish list of future creations by visiting these designer's take on patterns from this book. Have fun!  









No comments:

Post a Comment