Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Say Goodbye to July

I've been making some progress towards my finish goals. I sat down for some marathon sewing and got all but 40 blocks done on my Blue Ridge Beauty quilt. 



Just look at that stack of blocks. All 142 of them!



The remaining 40 are simply the two halves of blocks so with 40 quick seams they will be complete. Then it will be time to arrange them on the design wall and get the rows sewn together. Anxious to see this one! It will be a big one!

_________________________________

I've been working on my Be My Neighbor quilt top and decided to stop after 9 blocks. I just finished the borders and will get her basted into a sandwich and ready for quilting this week.




She measures 60" X 73" without the binding so it will be a nice throw size. Although this was a fun project, I just lost interest. This will likely be my last block of the month - new start that is.

_________________________________

And I am still plugging along on my hexagon flowers. I have over 65 flowers done but have a few more cut so it will be larger than originally planned. I just love working on these! 


I hope you are stitching up a storm. The weather is hot and now is a good time to get sewing before harvest time and we will be busy outdoors again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment