Saturday, November 30, 2019

November is for Turkeys

And November is great for preparing for Christmas and the new year. May I mention, we are entering a new decade on January 1st?  I am hoping to finish this present decade with some fun finishes and warm memories with friends and family.

I missed linking up my goals for the last quarter Finish Along. (so bummed)

But I was the winner of a $25 gift certificate from Sew Me A Song at the end of our last quarter!  I purchased this lovely little bundle and made Sew Me A Song a favorite shop on etsy for future *needs*. Thanks Becca! It really IS fun to participate in the Finish Along! 

I've been having some sewing fun making a few smalls for Christmas. They are satisfying quick finishes that I like to focus on this time of year. I recovered a couple of potholders that have seen better days. They were quite ratty looking but thick and useful so I decided to re-cover with Christmas scraps. 


Another fun project I found was from Suzy Quilts. She is currently giving this free pattern for quilted ornaments. They are fairly easy to make and I plan to use them as gift labels since I did not stuff them. You can visit Suzy Quilts for more sewing ideas. I love her new pattern, Tail Feathers, which these ornaments are a mini replica.

 ________

Presently on my design wall is my Minecraft quilt. Oh my, I am so excited to get this done! I know some people who are going to love cuddling under this!! This project comes from Kelli Fannin at Seriously, I Think it Needs Stitches. (hilarious! I love her humor!) 


Kelli has done an incredible job of drafting these patterns out with accuracy. I have not had one problem (other than my own mix ups) while making these blocks. Beware, the dragon blocks were quite involved though. Approach with much patience and determination!  I simply need to sash the blocks and join the rows. I hope to finish before the end of the year and get it to my long arm quilter. It should be completely finished during the cold winter months of Ohio. Perfect timing! 

And you know what else I always look forward to in November? Yep! Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery quilt along! She never disappoints, does she? I've had my fabric pull ready for a few weeks now. I love these color combinations.


This year's Frolic Mystery began on Friday, November 29th and I almost have all my 4 patches completed. These little darlings make me anxious for the next clue. This will be a finish for 2020 since all clues will not come out until January.  It is not too late to begin your mystery quilt. Visit Bonnie's site for her weekly clues. They won't be posted long before she takes them down. 


One last project that I've been tackling this year is my Burgoyne Surrounded Christmas quilt. It was a project that began last year as a sew along at Temecula Quilt Company.  Sheryl always has such pretty ideas with tiny prints.
My quilt will finish as a throw size. Although the binding is on, I previously machine quilted it in the ditch between each block and am now adding hand quilting stitches for fun. I love the texture it brings.



Ahhh...this feeling doesn't last long. 
Happy stitching!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment