Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Countdown to a New Decade

2020 will soon be here! Funny 2020 used to be something I only gave thought to if reading/watching something in the science fiction genre! But here we are, nonetheless, and hopefully you have as much anticipation and excitement for the times ahead as I do!

2019 was a good year in the sewing room. I finished a total of 6 quilts. Counting all the yardage, I used up a total of 81.5 yards of stash! Not too bad, I thinks, and this doesn't include the 2 quilts I got to the flimsy stage(Minecraft, and Antique Tiles), and another (Scrappy Strips) nearly finished with only the borders to sew on. This leaves some quick finishes to reach my goals for next year.

My goal list for the first quarter will be posted soon as I mull over my listing of UFOs.  There are so many projects waiting and yet I add to the list by beginning some new starts...like...

Scrap Dash New Year's Mystery. Now here is a fun project that has peaked my interest. A small project, so no guilt here. Surely I can finish this Round the Mountain Mini Mystery and get it to the quilting stage for some quiet evening hand work.I have picked a couple of charm packs for inspiration. I will decide further tomorrow morning as the first clue comes out. 

Another mystery that has caught my attention is Merry Mayhem's Around the Corner. I have some yardage pulled for this but am waiting to see what it will look like exactly before committing. I know, I am cheating. It won't be a true mystery, right? My original intention was to make it queen size so I just want to be sure, wouldn't you? Hopefully it will be a fast project and I'll zip it up in a week or two.

So not only am I looking forward to next year, and all that it brings, but I am also looking forward to tomorrow! It's snowing, the house is clean, the laundry is caught up, so it is full steam ahead!

Happy New Year!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment