Thursday, January 31, 2019

Its Warm in the Sewing Room

but it is s-o-o-o very cold outside! I hope you are wrapping yourself in layers and staying warm. It is dangerously cold, so do take caution if going outside.

It has been a productive time in the sewing room this month. No complete finishes but I am making progress! 

My hexagon flowers are adding up as I continue to applique them onto their backings. They all look so cheerful as I couldn't resist laying them out to see how they will look together. You can begin your own hexagon flower project by visiting here.
And if you like English Paper Piecing (epp), check out this new project! Sign ups begin tomorrow (Friday, February 1st) through the 14th. Oh my, so many temptations to begin something new, right?


I've also been working on Edyta Sitar's block of the month, Patches in Blue. I completed 2 more blocks and cut many more triangle pieces for the border. These are all stacked by my machine for some quick mindless sewing. The sleigh block has been started and I decided upon hand applique since I have not ordered Edita's kit of snowflakes and branches.
I noticed she has birds on the branches but they are not included in her book so I will have to draft my own version. I simply cannot exclude these little creatures!




And I did get my Sweet Tea quilt done into the flimsy stage. It is all ready with its backing to go to my long arm quilter. I will be using a white Quilter's Dream batting for a nice, soft and cuddly, throw-size quilt. 


So let us keep working towards those finishes. Yes, yes, I love the process too, but it is such a great feeling to take that last stitch. What keeps you motivated? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment