Friday, December 29, 2023

Finishes for 2023

 All totaled up my 11 finishes added up to busting 105 yards of fabric. That makes my goal of using up a minimum of 100 yards a succeeded goal. It is not so big when you find that these were not projects starting from scratch.

1, Fidget Quilt - 20" x 28",  2 yards total, made for my dear sister. It was a fun project of hand embellishments and fun textures.

2. Just in Cases - 57" x 68", 9 yards total. American Jane has such cute (and sometimes challenging) patterns. This was made using 30's reproduction fabrics. The backing I used was a vintage muslin. It was 58" wide and was heavy yet not very finely woven. 

3. Red & Green Train Tracks Kid's Quilt - 47" x 47", 3.5 yards total. This small quilt was given to friends for the birth of their first grandson. Backing was a minky and was so very soft!

 

4. Blue & Gray Boomerang 3-yard quilt - 44" x 58", used 6 yards total. Another small quilt I had quilted with soft fleece backing. It has a warm and cuddly feel and ready for gifting. 

5. Brown & Black Vertical 9-Patch - 47.5" x 58", total of 8 yards.  This top has been hanging around a while so I sandwiched it up and hand quilted it in the evenings,. Made a nice throw for the TV room.


6. Jelly Nougat - 85" x 91", used up 18.5 yards of stash. This finished as one of my favorite scrap quilts. Made using muslin and a huge amount of "crumbs".


7. Trumpet Vine - 53" x 68", used 8 yards. A Karen Griska pattern that used up a lot of scraps in my Brights box. Loved the backing so much I had to go back and buy several yards more for future use.

8. Green & Yellow Moda University BOM Medallion - 98" x 98", used 18 yards. My largest finish this year. It has been hanging around since 2008(?) and just needed borders. Its finished and on the bed now.


9. Red Churn Dash - 78" x 87", used 14 yards. Love how I found a random remnant in the closing of a local quilt shop to use as vertical rows. I had just enough to finish it with only inches left over. 


10. Vintage Column Quilt - 94" x 94", used up 17 yards. A totally scrappy quilt using 1.5" finished size squares. Fell in love with this pattern the first time I saw it. My box of scraps took a big hit with this one. (that's a good thing)


11. Steampunk Violinist Christmas Wall Hanging - 14" x 28", 1 yard used (barely). Embellished with sequins and beads for extra holiday sparkle. 


So that is what 105 yards looks like. I also completed a Partridge in a Pear Tree wall-hanging but it cannot be counted this year as it still needs to be quilted. Its on the UFO list for next year.

I am now planning and dreaming up goals for 2024. So far I have a list of 18 UFOs and 5 or 6 new starts planned. I'll need to sew like the wind to accomplish all that! Especially when you know that the top 5 UFOs are labor intensive - Dear Jane, Montmellick, Love Entwined, Antique Wedding Sampler, and  Jaye's Bouquet. Maybe I should rethink those new starts!

Blessings and Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Post a Comment