Wednesday, July 6, 2016

2016 Winter Finishes

Besides working on a couple of quilt tops and getting them ready for the long-arm quilter, I have managed a couple of genuine finishes so far! I love the winter months sewing in the "studio".

2006 Thimbleberries' Vintage Stitches
I am so glad this is finished. It has been a good lesson on why we should not let some projects age for too long because I am not sure I even like this quilt anymore. It is completed though and I still have 12 more blocks to set into another quilt. (I chose not to make it reversible.) Maybe the next one will excite me. I am waiting for inspiration. 

Vintage Stitches back
This quilt is quite large and because of the dark colors it looks really warm, doesn't it? We will probably sleep under it a couple of times before giving it away. And if I snapped this picture earlier I would have caught my Christmas Cactus in full bloom! 

The backing fabric came with the member's kit which is a hexagon patchwork that is a "cheater cloth". I omitted this fabric on the front of the quilt as you can see, but had plenty for the backing.


Hexagon Tablerunner
There is a lot of hand quilting in this little runner. I did not add binding but folded the top and backing together and invisibly stitched them together for clean edges. She looks nice on the counter next to the Fiestaware I received from my daughter last Christmas. I'll have to keep a close eye on this. She may want to "borrow" it for her own. (grin)

No binding technique












Happy stitching! The days are getting longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment