Saturday, July 16, 2016

3rd Quarter 2016 Finish Along Goals


It is time to set some more goals for 2016. I finished two nice projects last quarter (see previous posts) and hope to accomplish a few more these next three months. It is also fun to see what others have lined up at the linky party at the 2016 Finish-A-Long. Check some of them out for your own inspiration. 


1. Trail Mix Quilt
Another favorite that required lots of little blocks and lots of piecing. This was truly a scrap project! Without those little white "trails" this quilt would be a muddy mess. I have this top completed and the backing pieced, ironed, and ready to send to my long-arm quilter.


 
2. Grand Illusion
This is a carry over from the previous quarter. Almost all of the blocks are assembled, the sashes need to be sewn together, and then I'll probably lose sleep until it is finished. This was Bonnie Hunter's 2014 mystery quilt. 






3.Rainy Day Umbrellas 
This is a "quilt as you go" project from a class I took on machine quilting by Leah Day. What a great class! I learned a lot and gained some much needed confidence in free motion machine quilting. This needs to be completed before I get rusty. Machine quilting is a skill you need to practice with often. 





4. Neutral Jelly Roll Quilt
This is basted and ready to quilt. It needs to come upstairs so I can stitch on it during the evenings when I am being a good wife and watching the ball games on TV with Mr. Wonderful. If I manage to finish the Umbrellas perhaps I will machine quilt it instead. Let's see what happens.



5. Christmas Celebration
A tree skirt that is paper pieced using Judy Niemeyer's pattern. This was another great class. I have no previous experience with paper piecing but this was fascinating. I would love to have the top done and ready to quilt by fall so it will be ready for Christmas. 







6. Medallion Quilt
I only have five more 6" Lemoyne stars left to sew together, then they will be ready to add into the next row. Yes, these are all hand pieced with set in seams. No cheating or shortcuts here. I loved making these. It was purchased as a kit so the color combinations are not mine. I hope it progresses well because a lot of work has been invested into it.





  I have many more projects tucked away in the sewing room but this is a good list for this next quarter. 

See what others have planned at the 2016 Finish-A-Long






 






No comments:

Post a Comment