Friday, July 7, 2017

3rd Quarter 2017 Finish Along

She can quilt hosts a Finish Along each quarter. You link to her blog, or on one of the other hostesses, with a post about your lofty goals and finishes. I love this challenge because it keeps me focused and motivated.

The days are longer now, and although I often work outside until dark, my list is sweet enough to draw me to the sewing room when it is hot outside. So here goes...

1. Kaffe Fasset 16 patch quilt. This was started as an "in-between project" as my machine was in the shop for a tune up. Simple squares generally do not require great piecing skills which made this a perfect project to work on using my back-up machine. Besides that, these fabrics are expensive and there is little waste cutting strips and squares. I had it almost completed and then decided on a border idea so back to piecing 36 more blocks to complete. Anxious to get this one finished. It is so very soft!


2. En Provence, a carry over from last year's mystery by Bonnie Hunter. It has been put on hold for a while but it is now my number one project. This will be given to my grand daughter who just recently had her room painted lavendar.
 

3. Name Pillow. Once the En Provence is done I will be making a pillow using the leftovers with grand-daughter's name. Made one for Gabby last Christmas and it turned out really nice! I have not even cut out anything yet so it will be a project started from scratch!

4. Grand Illusion - another mystery quilt project by Bonnie Hunter. I think I will change the sashing treatments so this may take some extra time as more cutting is required.  

Just look at all those parts and pieces. Just a few days of some marathon sewing and it should make it to the "flimsy" stage.


5. Bricks - made with the last of some old scraps I had saved. Any leftovers are being donated and recirculated. You know you need to move on when all your quilts start to look the same. I'll pick a FEW favorites and the rest are gone. Yippee!
A few more rows and she is ready for the long-arm quilter. I do like how colorful it is turning out to be.

6. Leymoyne Border on Sue Garman Medallion
These stars are all completed and sewn by hand. Just need to get them attached to this ongoing medallion quilt. Hopefully the rest will be downhill. I will likely not get this one completed for the quarter but I will so be pleased if this border gets on. Count this one my own personal goal.


7. Christmas Celebration - a Judy Niemeyer class that I took a while back. This project really needs to be completed and put under the tree this year - before I decide not to put up a big tree anymore.
This really was a fun project and I would like to tackle another of her patterns someday. It was a great experience in paper piecing. Highly recommended if you have not tried it.

8. Which Way Mystery Quilt - mystery quilt will be started in August for one day. It is not too late for you to join in. Join the QTMysteryQuilts group on yahoo.com.





1 comment: