Sunday, October 1, 2017

Third Quarter Finishes

Unbelievable! I missed the deadline for linking up my finishes at She Can Quilt! And I finished a lot this quarter too! So regardless of getting credit there, here they are listed for my own satisfaction ...

 1. Kaffe Fasset 16-Patch. SO happy to have this one completed. I used up the many fat quarters I owned from a club that automatically shipped them to me from Homestead Hearth. It measures 84.5" x 84.5" and is composed of 100 16-patch blocks. (19 yards busted) The backing I chose is also a Kaffe Fasset fabric that compliments the front nicely and I the quilting is also circles. I was reminded of my inner hippie child as I worked on this quilt. Such a riot of color!

2. En Provence quilt top is finished and sent to the long-arm quilter. I'm happy to have this top finished and will included this in my next quarter's finishes.

3. Grand Illusion quilt top was also finished and sent to the long-arm quilter. Wow! Two Bonnie Hunter quilts completed in the month of September! Maybe I'll commit to her new mystery coming next month??

4. Summer Day at Cape May. This was made with leftovers from a previous project and I had enough to make a "reversible quilt". This was not listed as a goal on my "finish list" and started it as a whim, so this was a bonus finish for me. She measures  68" x 68" and a total of 12 yards busted. This was given to my dear Aunt Margaret whom I hope to visit soon and possibly have lunch at Cape May!

5. Neutral Jelly Roll Race. I had this quilt top basted and all summer sat in the evenings putting in a few stitches until eventually it was finished! Proof that a little consistant work adds up to a completion! Yay! I love the colors in this quilt and she lays nicely over the chair in our living room for some cuddly warmth this winter. I do not remember the batting I used (it was pieced from leftovers - aka frankenbatting) but it is so soft!  She measures 61" x 84" and I busted ___ yards of stash. 

Overall it has been an ambitious and successful quarter. Will I make it to the 50 - 100 yards busted dash? I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment