Monday, October 30, 2017

October's Finish

My En Provence quilt is finally finished and has been given to my grand-daughter. She loves it and has combed the top looking at the various shapes, colors, and prints (with a little leading by me). 
I knew this would be her quilt when Bonnie Hunter listed the fabric requirements for this mystery quilt in 2016. I wonder what project she will present this November...I will surely be checking it out to decide whether to join in! Especially now since I have this one finished and her mystery quilt from 2014 (Grand Illusion) is nearly finished too.


This quilt measures 69" x 86" and I busted 12.5 yards of stash to finish it. This gives me 65 yards of total stash busted this year so far. Wow! Can I make one hundred??





Another great way of using up your stash is to piece the backings. Here I used two coordinating fabrics that worked perfectly.




And I love using up any extra pieces I have leftover from each quilt project to make into a block for the back that I use as a label. 

So I've linked this up to my 4th Quarter goals in 2017 Finish Along. How are you doing on your list of finishes?

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous - congratulations on the finish and from stash!! I am sure it will be treasured for many years to come. Thank you for taking part in the FAL - from the FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete