Thursday, November 30, 2017

November Finishes

I had better report this finish before this month ends. I've finally finished Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt, Grand Illusion. 

It finished at 92" x 92", and I used up 17 yards of stash. I am getting closer to the 100 yard dash...(85 yards so far)






I really like the quilting design used. It completely filled the quilt.




I was originally going to bind it using the pinks - all I had were scraps - so I decided upon this black/turquoise/yellow check instead and it worked perfectly.   

 



Now that it is finished, I can join in on Bonnie's new mystery without any convictions that I should finish previous mystery projects. <grin> As if that ever stopped me!

This was my number 2 project for 4th Quarter Finish Goals. You can visit other bloggers taking the Finish Along Challenge at She Can Quilt.


----------------------------------------------------------

Other near finishes were my Pumpkin Seeds quilt top. I did not get a chance to quilt this before Christmas sewing came about. It is hung with it's future backing for next year. (number 4 of my 4th Quarter Finish Goals)




And I made two table-toppers for Christmas (not on my goal list). These were kits I've had stored and finally broke them out to complete. I have the Christmas Tree Topper nearly quilted and ready for binding.




This kit I purchased during a shop hop at a ridiculous cheap price so now it is pieced and ready to be quilted. Hopefully before Christmas.

  
Still have a few more near finishes to report. I'll post again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always impressed by the mystery quilt finishes from the Bonnie Hunter designs. I'd get stuck on fabric choices. This is amazing! One behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete