Wednesday, January 31, 2018

First Finish for 2018

(My number 6 of my first quarter goals)

I just took my last stitch on my Buggy Barn Baskets quilt. I've been working on this steadily in the evenings while sharing the TV with my darling husband. (DH) 





I hand quilted it in the ditch and then used the big quilt stitch as an accent throughout the top. I think this wonky pattern lends itself to this primitive type of stitching. 




It was backed in flannel so it is so cuddly and warm. This makes it fairly heavy too but because it only measures at 60" x 63", it is not too bad. 

All finished and I used up 7 yards of stash to complete. Off to a good start for this new year.

A little diversion I've been taking is working on my Tilda doll. The stuffing of this doll was a challenge to me as I did not want it to be lumpy. So what did I do? I stuffed it with woodshavings from my husband's workshop. Argh! Now she looks like she has cellulite! I'll have to do better on my next one...Yes! There will be another. I am so charmed by these dolls and their accessories. 



She's not nearly finished. The most enjoyable part of creating dolls, I think, is to see how they develop as they are created. They kind of take on different personalities, don't you think? 

Another little project I've been working on is making a pincushion using a Fenton glass cup and a teddy bear that was given to me years ago by my teenage daughter.


 Both of these have been sitting on my shelf together above my sewing table so I thought a "marriage" would be good. And since you can never have too many pincushions, this was the likely result.


Now they are sitting nicely next to my old Kenmore on another shelf nearby. 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilt! I still want to make myself a primitive of some kind. The big-stitch quilting is perfect on it. Your pincushion is so creative - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a very nice finish! On behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for finishing along with us.

    ReplyDelete