Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Vintage Stitches Quilt Top Finish

Number 3 on my First Quarter Goals list is the leftover Vintage Stitches blocks I've had stored and waiting for some inspiration and a nice setting. Although I am over these color combinations, I really do love the charm and design of these blocks. 
 
This was the plan I originally dreamed up. I suppose it would work but it did not really make me motivated enough to finish...

There has been discussion of an Irish Chain Challenge on Stashbusters recently so that was the beginning to making these blocks into a new top. I had a few yards of a medium beige background fabric in my stash that complimented these blocks fairly well so decided to use that up. And did I! There was only one piece of about 2.5" by 15" leftover! Phew!

 
I dipped into my box of Thimbleberrie scraps for cornerstones and went to work. 

 Now I have another top waiting to be quilted. She finished at 78" x 78" and including the 5 yards of  fabric I found to piece a backing I busted a total of 13 yards! 


Not an official finish of course, but I am happy to have that project box emptied, the backing fabric off the shelf and everything pressed and hanging together for the next step. Having some of my tops un-quilted do not bother me too much as I find a use or a person to gift it to, I can deal with it then.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment