Monday, June 1, 2015

Another Finish!

Gideon's Quilt began as a Jelly Roll Race quilt except I used my own cut strips from juvenile prints in my stash. 








I was unhappy with the final result so I cut it into crosswise strips. See previous post for a further explanation.  

















It is now quilted, the binding is on, and the label sewn on the back. Count this another finish for 2015 and check off number 1 on my Finish Along list











It finishes at 71" x 90" with a perimeter of 322 inches. I even pieced the backing with some yardage I had, so I busted my stash from 10.75 yards of fabrics.




I hope our happy warrior has many adventurous dreams under his new quilt!





.

3 comments:

  1. Cutting into crosswise strips certainly made it something special. Great idea; I'll be trying that before too long, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! I am glad you like it. Share a picture if you can!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I really like the addition of the blue fabric.

    ReplyDelete