Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Q3 Finishes

It's time to report to the Finish Along with Adrianne at On the Windy Side with high hopes to snag a win! Many quilters participate in this Finish Along and it is fun to visit their posts for motivation and inspiration. 

I listed 8 items I hoped to have completed in my July post titled FAL Q3 Quilting Goals. Two are complete finishes and a few others are very close and will definitely make the list next time.

Syncopation Quilt was another attempt at using up the juvenile fabrics on my shelf. This is the second quilt (of three) using these fabrics and there's still not much progress in shrinking that pile! This quilt top began using a pattern but I ventured off on my own using various combinations and sets. It is kind of a "planned" orphan block quilt. 



I love these funny and charming prints. I never tire of working with them and I hope they entertain my grandson at bedtime when he is winding down his day. 

There are alligators, and fish, and trucks, and snakes, and monkeys just to name a few of the wonders and adventures of little boys.

It was not machine quilted by me but I chose the pattern, "Bubbles" and picked a variegated thread of primary colors to bring the pattern forward for visual appeal. 








And of course it would not be complete without the special label along with a Scripture verse that I pray will always  carry him throughout his life.



So now I can tick off #4 on my Q3 Finish Along List


1 comment:

  1. What a great quilt. It looks perfect for your grandson. I'm sure he will enjoy finding all the hidden creates in it. That photo of it hanging outside really makes the colours glow. Well done on your finish. Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete