Friday, August 14, 2015

Leaders and Enders and Vortex Quilt

I recently found more strips and scraps in my basket next to my machine. These are what Bonnie Hunter might describe as "crumbs".  And I love her idea of leaders and enders so...why not use these crumbs as my leaders and enders but instead of being a four-square block, they are just random shapes. 




I have them laid out here on the ironing board. Many different sizes, but I won't trim them just yet. I grouped them in pairs, sewed them together, and grouped them again.




 Can you see more possibilities? These little darlings are addictive! The little block in the top left corner only measures 3.5" by 6.5". I will continue to group these together until they are close to 12" square. How long will it take to finish an entire quilt like this? Who knows but it is a nice diversion. I have started a box for these to work on as time permits and it will sit by my machine for "leaders and enders". Feeding these through the machine saves a lot of thread too! 




You can read more about making your own Vortex Scrap Quilt at Crazy Mom Quilts. She just had a Quilt-Along this last June. 



"Walk with The King today, and be a blessing!"








No comments:

Post a Comment