Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Red Robin's Runner on My Table

This pattern was an impulse buy during last year's local quilt shop hop and I couldn't wait to complete it. It took lots of handwork which is something I love to do! It takes time but it is a fun process, right? 


I am still in the honeymoon phase for making hexagon flowers. Oh! They are so addictive! (see my 3rd quarter finish along goal list

All hexagon squares (huh?) are sewn in rows, the appliqued Robin on berry vines are attached and it is all hand quilted and sitting pretty on my dining table now. This is my number 7 goal from my 3rd quarter finish along list.





Every time I pass by I have to smile. I added a little personal touch of my own on each bird. Do you like her hairdo? 






You too can visit the Bloggers Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side taking place right now and post your own quilt finish. You can get lots more inspiration by visiting the blogs of other quilters entered in the festival.




Then make up your own list of goals for the upcoming 4th quarter coming soon at She Can Quilt blog site.


 







9 comments:

  1. I love your little birdies tuft of hair. So cute. Pretty finish. I like the curved ends of your runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love hand sewing, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very pretty....hexagons are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I do like your bird's hairdo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty little runner. I can see why you smile each time you pass by! Those little touches make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the different background fabrics you used. The result is subtle, but it adds even more personality to this sweet piece! (P.S. I'm in the honeymoon phase with appliqued hexagons. I wonder how long it will last!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bird's hairdo! It's such a happy addition to the runner. On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete