Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September Finish of Many Mansions

Not much garden work gets done by me while it is hot outside, so it has been guilt-free time in the sewing room. And productive too! 

I finished my Be My Neighbor quilt and am happy to check off number 2 on my 3rd Quarter Finish-Along Goal List.



I could have spent more time on her as these house blocks are so charming and cute and fun to make!  I stopped at 9 blocks - even though there are 12 … my coordinating stash was getting low and I felt the nudging to move on. You can make your own version using Moda's free pattern found here. 


I always enjoy making a custom label on the back of my quilts. I had enough scraps to put together one more house block and then appliqued it to the back. It will be signed and dated along with an appropriate scripture verse.

"In my Father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2 
I hope mine is next to yours!




You too can visit the Bloggers Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side taking place right now and post your own quilt finish. You can get lots more inspiration by visiting the blogs of other quilters entered in the festival.

Then make up your own list of goals for the upcoming 4th quarter coming soon at She Can Quilt blog site.














8 comments:

  1. Great quilt with the perfect label sentiment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Be My Neighbor pattern, and your quilt is so pretty. Now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt, and I like the block and the verse for the back as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great house quilt - love your backing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt! In fact I’ve always loved this pattern. You chose the perfect Bible verse, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable quilt! Love the cute colors! I've already bookmarked the Moda link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! There are so many fun house quilts! I need to make one. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete