Monday, December 3, 2018

Finishes in November

I am late getting my finishes posted for November. And since excuses only satisfy the one giving them, I'll simply introduce Finish #1 as listed in my 4th Quarter Goals.

Modern Fans Sew Along...This was a project inspired by Suzy Quilts . I did not win anything but I did make a completed quilt that I adore. This was a really fun quilt and went together fairly easy - even though it was curved piecing. Slow and steady progress was the word to focus on. 

I had some Christmas yardage pieces that worked well with this so I did not even have to purchase anything other than the pattern. I'll surely get my money's worth as hopefully I will make another. This quilt design lends itself to many different settings and color combinations.

It is pictured above all quilted (by my long arm quilter) and binding is attached. The back was pieced with leftover fabrics I had stored away and I inserted a stray block so I have no waste. 
It is presently snowing so it will be a special treat to sleep under my new Christmas quilt. Peace and good tidings to you and yours this joyous season!!

This post will be linked at SheCanQuilt at the end of the year. Gather your own projects that you desire to finish and join in the fun! 





 









No comments:

Post a Comment