Friday, October 12, 2018

4th Quarter Finish Goals for 2018

It is unbelievable that we are looking at the last 3 months of 2018, but here we are. And there is so much to do before the new year arrives. Between preserving the last of the garden's produce, collecting seeds, and putting the gardens to bed, I have to get busy in the sewing room.

Christmas sewing will be my main focus from here till the end of the year. Some/most of these are for gift giving so hopefully those recipients won't be reading my blog. I don't want to spoil the surprise!

1.) Modern Fans Sew Along 

Finished Here!




I had enough Christmas fabrics in my stash to jump in on this challenge. It has been fun, and surprisingly a fast project. Only a few more blocks to complete, borders attached and she will be ready for the long arm quilter. I may have to make another after the first of the year. I really do like how this design goes together.




2.) Christmas Celebrations
Finshed Here!

A carry over from last year. She is nearly done as the main units are complete. I just need a few days of marathon sewing for it to be completed. I hope to hand quilt this so I better get it to that stage soon. (why it is listed as number 2). Evenings are a favorite time to stitch on the frame. 




3.) Large Pillows on Wooden Base
  Finished Here!

I recently went to a workshop at a local quilt shop featuring Penny Haren from Creative Grids. What inspiration she gave! My head was swimming and this is one idea she shared that I just cannot pass up. It will be a set of two floor pillows, set on a base that my husband will make. Can't wait to report this one as a finish. Pillow forms were ordered and arrived last week so now I need to pick the fabrics and pattern. Don't you love new starts?




4.) Wonky Christmas Trees

Another Creative Grids design that I purchased at Penny's workshop/lecture. Hopefully, it will be a quick Christmas project that will be finished in time for my table top. I will be using several blue and green holiday fabrics along with the Frost charm squares.



6. Christmas Ornaments Table Runner


Still another great idea I found and purchased from Creative Grids. I have the rulers so why not finish another? This is will be made in our Ohio State University colors - Red and Gray. Some Buckeye fan I know will be happy to get this one!




7.) Feathers Table Runner

Finished Here!  
I absolutely adore this pattern. It will consist of 6 feathers for a long tabletopper. I'm using strips from leftover Stonehenge fabrics combined with some batiks in browns, greens, and a few corals. 



8.) Blue Ridge Beauty


Only about 30 more blocks need assembled. Then they can be sewed into rows, simple borders attached, and color this one done! I have not counted the pieces in this quilt yet but it being a Bonnie Hunter pattern, I am sure it is in the thousands. 



9.) On Ringo Lake

Really! I have to get this one done since Bonnie Hunter will begin giving out clues to her new mystery next month! I love the colors chosen for this quilt. It will have a home in our spare bedroom. 




Well, that is my goal list. I'll be linking up at She Can Quilt blog site to participate in her 2018 Finish Along. Check out what others have on their goal list and make a few of your own. 








2 comments:

  1. Oooh, your Christmas Celebrations quilt looks very intricate! Everything you are working on is lovely. I've never made a Bonnie Hunter quilt because all the pieces intimidate me, but they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura for your kind comments. The Christmas Celebrations was my first experience with paper piecing. I am totally sold on paper piecing now! And please don't shy away from Bonnie's patterns. When broken down into units as she does, it makes a large project easier...along with a little patience of course. You will be amazed at how well your skills improve! That alone is worth the effort! Good luck with your current goals. Each accomplishment is thrilling.

      Delete