Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#7 UFO Number Game

Numbers are randomly chosen from our list of UnFinished Objects (UFOs) on StashBuster's to drive up the desire to finish a project that may be set aside and forgotten. The month of February, my Scrappy Churn Dash blocks were my number 7 (no, my list is not according to importance). I wish I took an original picture of these blocks before ripping them apart. They were connected in rows together and they had no visual appeal at all. I had purchased these on ebay with the thought of taking them apart for a new setting which is what I did. I am such a sucker for rescuing older quilt tops and making them into something new. I really love the challenge.




These blocks were pretty wonky and uneven so a lot of points and meeting of seams were cut off while squaring them up. I would rather have a flat quilt. At least on a utilitarian quilt like this one. 




I set them diagonally with 9-square cornerstones in the sashings. 





And the final result was a nice size quilt top.



I pieced some larger pieces of fabric for the backing and it is now hanging and ready to be quilted. Yay! What is this? My number 7 is also my 5th project completed! Well, my 5th quilt top anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment