Thursday, July 12, 2018

It is Summertime!

Although there are some things I detest about this time of year (heat with humidity), there are also many things I love about Summer. One of these is garage sale season! I have severely limited my visits since moving (the memory is still painful because there was a 15 year accumulation) but it is still fun to randomly hit on a few to see what I can find. Today was one such day, and what I found was serendipity! 

I am always on the lookout for things for my sewing room. So, today I came across a sweet little sewing basket stuffed with goodies. All for 75 cents! Who can pass up the fun of  looking for little treasures for that little amount of cash? I sure can't! 

Aside from the basket being made in Japan (hey! a nice little memento from the land I visited a few years ago!) I also found:
  • several spools of thread - it is getting pricey these days so a find of decent quality thread is a bonus.
  • a cute little "hat" crocheted pincushion - I will keep any pincushion if it is clean.
  • a packet of needles - labled "A Little Gift for You from Dillons Food Markets", complete with a needle threader.
  • a package of Majesty crewel needles, made in England.
  • a couple of cards of buttons - white, pearlized.
  • dozens of garter fasteners. I am from the pantyhose generation and I am so glad I did not have to wear garters! Unless, of course, you want to dress for a sexy occasion, but I digress. I kept 8 of them just so my grand daughters might ask what they are. 
  • and an unusual pair of scissors. They read "Clauss U.S.A.". They have a set screw between the handles to adjust your cutting, along with cut-outs on the blades. For cutting buttonholes I presume.  

This was definitely worth the time and money. It is all put away and I now have a little basket tote for my ongoing hexie project with Kingfisher Stitch-Along!

I hope you are finding some small treasures to make your sewing experience fun and enjoyable. Please feel free to share in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment