Wednesday, July 4, 2018

2nd Quarter Finish

Mary Mayhem offers a New Year's Day Mystery each year. I have participated the last 2 years because the end result has always been a satisfying one. They are usually not too complicated and finish rather quickly so it is a great way to begin the new year. 

This year's pattern was called "Zigs and Zags". I chose leftover fabrics from Bonnie Hunter's "En Provence quilt. (and I still have many leftovers) 

I added two white vertical strips in the center to make the top a little larger before adding the borders. 



You can surely see why it is called Zigs and Zags.


She finishes at 64" x 77" - a nice throw size for a twin bed. Not too heavy and just right for summer nights.
 

A close up of the quilting is shown. Do you also use white batting in your quilts with white backgrounds?  I do! I learned this lesson the hard way. (grin)



I used up 6 yards for the top and 3 yards for the backing and binding - all totaling 9 yards of stash busted.

Although I have been busy with other projects (see previous post), this is my one completion for my 2nd Quarter Finish Along Goal.

I hope to make better progress now that the outdoor work slows a bit. I will be posting my 3rd Quarter goals soon.

You may be interested...
There is a new one day Mystery Quilt project coming up on Sunday, August 12th. Mary presently has a link posted for the supply list, cutting instructions, and a few preliminary tasks, so check it out. Then on Sunday you will get a "clue" each hour for your completion by the end of the day. So plan ahead, get the crock pot plugged in, and sew on! What a great afternoon!

 


1 comment:

  1. Great job on this lovely quilt...and on using up more of your stash. On behalf of the FAL crew, congrats on your finish and thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete