Friday, December 30, 2022

Wrapping up 2022 with 13 Finishes

It has been a good year for finishes. 13 quilts were completed and a total of 168.75 yards of my stash was used up. My best year for sure. 

Last month I mentioned I was almost done with my Christmas Colonial. I only had a few more inches to sew on the binding and attach the label. Here she is completed.

And here is her label. I used 1/2" hexagons and arranged into a diamond shape to fill in the corner of the label. And then I quilted it down with a brick red thread.


And my final finish was Mistletoe Lane made from various leftover scraps from previous Christmas projects. This was such a fun and easy quilt to make. Honestly I was a bit embarrassed to take it to the long-armer to be quilted because some of the fabrics were not great in quality. BUT when I picked it up I was so very pleased with the end result. Isn't it amazing how a quilt can really "come together" once the quilting is done? The texture from the quilting and the fabrics all work together splendidly!


I used Fairfield's Warm and Toasty cotton batting. I had two large pieces that I made into a frankenbatt. For some reason, this batting is hard to find. Sadly, because it feels thicker, is soooo much softer, and it washes well. I really like this batting. I found 2 lonely bags at Joannes and swiped them up for future use.


The quilting design is Christmas Light Strands weaving throughout the top in a cream color thread. These are my only pictures and record of this quilt as it was gifted to dear friends for Christmas. ♥


So there are my 13 finishes!

And here are my empty spools from this year. I counted 20 (both large and small).


It has been a happy, healthy, and productive year. I am hoping for your new year to be that same.

Micah 6:8

Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!


--------------------------------------------


Bosco is growing and always getting into mischief. He is such an active dog for a pug but such a joy to watch chase leaves, throw his toys in the air, and get the zoomies in the house. Next week he will be 5 months and no hints that he is slowing down. We are thinking of setting up an agility course for him in the backyard. Surely that will burn off some of his energy. If nothing else, he will be a happy dog!





No comments:

Post a Comment