What? Did I say fourth quarter? I am thinking it is still August. But no, fall is here and I have much to do outside to get done before snow flies. And finish "putting up" the harvest from the garden. It is looking pretty sparse out there now, but the pole beans just keep producing so we just keep eating them!
Fall and winter is a time to look forward to though. The shorter days and longer nights makes my sewing room so appealing. Any others think the same way? I mean, when the weather is nice I feel guilty for not being outside tending the chickens, weeding and tidying the gardens. Now is the time for slow cooked meals and long hours in the sewing room. Ahhh, so here are my goals for the last remaining months of 2026...
1. Montmelleck. Honestly, I just need to get past this last row of broderie perse so I can go on to the next row! All that is needed are the corner blocks appliqued so I can attach the borders and move on.
2. Tilda's Santa Doll. I have his body made and stuffed. Oh what a job that was turning those skinny legs and arms and then stuffing them! He will be so darn cute when finished. I need to pull some fabrics and begin quilting his little clothes. The patterns are cut out and ready.
3. Christmas Irish Chain. This quilt is all finished except it needs its binding sewn on. Attaching and sewing the binding is my favorite part of quiltmaking so it will be an easy finish. Especially since it is a Christmas quilt and it wants to be displayed this year!
4. Company Picnic. Another quilt ready for its binding so I can say it is done. I love the cheerful colors in this quilt. And the backing is gorgeous! Made with 2 honey buns and 3 yards of background.
5. Stay At Home Round Robin. If you have read my previous posts earlier this year you would know about this fun medallion quilt. Sadly, there was an accident and a few blocks bled, so I need to gently tear/remove those and replace so I can send this top off to my long arm quilter. I want to get it done before next year's round robin begins.
6. Vintage 16 patch. This is a quilt I made in the 1990s from 1970s fabrics. It has fabrics from my daughter's first birthday dress I made for her. And several maternity blouses I made when I was expecting. It is not what others might think of as a pretty quilt. It is more a sentimental thing ... I even found a couple of blocks with fabrics from dresses and blouses I made in high school! It has been taking me down memory lane as I have been hand quilting it. Once finished, it will probably live in the back seat of the car for when we go to games, etc., and I need something to snuggle under for warmth. Done in reds, browns, and blues. Do you notice the Holly Hobbie blue print? Yep, that was a maternity top!
7. Purple and Gray leftovers. I am not sure what to call this one. It was pieces leftover from a Bonnie Hunter mystery that I gave up on, but have these units made and ready for something. So I have arranged them into blocks and will have enough to make 25. Anxious to see what develops.
8. Allocated. Another scrappy project I started and is a good one for days I just feel like feeding fabric over the dogs.
I am sure I could add more to this list. I often come upon something that makes me readjust my plans (aka squirrels) but this is a good start. And then there is that procrastination box that holds so many orphans....
Happy stitching!









No comments:
Post a Comment