Friday, January 6, 2017

2016 4th Quarter FInish

Christmas Simply Woven Quilt - third in my list of goals to finish before 2016 is over. (See 2016 Finish Along)

I began this quilt in January of 2016 and pulled it out this last quarter to finish before Christmas. I used various strips from my own stash of Christmas fabrics instead of using jelly rolls. I even had 10 extra blocks leftover! This is a great pattern if you want something that will go together quickly. No seams to match, just press your horizontal seams in the opposite direction that you press the vertical strips.

I did not get the big quilt quilted in time for Christmas 2016 but I am happy to have the top completed, the backing assembled and ready, and together it is ready for the trip to the long arm quilter.

Those leftover blocks were assembled 3 x 3 with sashing and the cornerstones were from one block cut in quarters. Altogether it measures 56" x 56" square. The backing was made from a Christmas print that had deer, rabbits, owls, and fox, with enough leftover to make a pillowcase. 

This project was machine quilted by me and is entirely finished. It was given to the grand-kids to snuggle under  while dreaming about Christmas. 


Can you find one block that is not quite like the others? I did not see this until the top was done and was a pinned sandwich! Ha! I did not pay attention as I rotated the block for the last strip. It is part of its story now.

You can find more Finish Along finishes here.

http://www.shecanquilt.ca/2016/12/time-to-link-up-your-q4-2016-fal.html








No comments:

Post a Comment