Friday, July 12, 2019

3RD Quarter Goals for 2019

2019 is over the halfway mark, summer is in full swing, and I have finishing plans in the sewing room! I hope your enthusiasm is running high and making progress on finishing some old projects...and some new ones too! The following are my top initiatives:

Minecraft Quilt 
This is actually a new project I began this year. It was originally a sew along with Seriously, I think it needs stitches (LOL! LOVE that title!). I currently have 4 blocks completed. The hardest part to this quilt is simply the cutting of various sized pieces (and keeping them straight). Assembling the blocks are very easy and I expect this to go fast. This quarter will be a good time to finish before cooler weather sets in during the coming fall months.


Project Board
Speaking of keeping various pieces together and in order (above) I have all the needed supplies to make a project board that will prove helpful. I am often moving things from the cutting table or the design wall to the sewing machine and it sometimes gets "rearranged". Does this happen to you too?  


Country Bride Quilt
Oh my, this has been on my to-do list for longer than I want to admit. I am excited that I found a dear Amish lady willing to take on this project. The design is so amish and she will make a perfect finish!


Snowballs Quilt
This was last year's sew along I joined with Temecula Quilt Company. (they have some fun quilt alongs if you want to check them out) I have collected numerous 5" charm squares from the last couple of year's Charming Shop Hop Tour. So many varieties of fabrics which will make this a pretty scrappy quilt. I have an idea for the border and then it will be sent to my long arm quilter for finishing.

My finish is here.


Sunbonnet Sue Restoration
I promised my niece I would repair this old quilt she has that was made during the 30's by some family friends. After years of heavy use and washings, it is in serious need of some help. I have a collection of 30's reproduction fabrics from rjr so I've been slowly replacing the worse of the blocks. I hope to have this finished before the family reunion so I can give it back to her for display.


Completed here


Vintage Lace
This is another quilt along I participated in. The top is completed but I need to assemble the backing and batting and get it to my machine quilter. This was a fun pattern and after seeing so many different color variations on instagram, I think I might have to make another!


See my finish here.


Friendship Quilt Blocks
I hope I am happy with my commitment here. I hesitated joining another quilt along because I already have so many things on my to do list. I must make 10 dresden plate quilt blocks of various colors (as requested by each participant). Although this will not be a "finish" by September, the committment for making these blocks will be. And I am anxious to see the blocks I will receive in return. My colors chosen are navy and gray. Once I collect them all I will have to begin thinking of a setting for them.

Note: I did finish all 10 of these but failed to photograph them before our exchange. I will make a post on how I choose the setting and get these blocks put together into a quilt. They are lovely! You can read how I made my dresden blocks here.


These are my top priorities. And if there is time, there are also...

Ringo Lake
The pieces are all ready for assembly. I just need to sit down and sew them all together. I am very anxious to see this completed and  I love the colors chosen. I only need some uninterrupted time to get started!



Patches in Blue
I hope to get this finished soon. Definitely by the next quarter so it is ready for winter snuggles. How I love anything by Edyta Sitar! And she keeps creating more so my list keeps growing!








Sew Many Strips
All the block units are sewn together and I only need to begin assembling the blocks. This is a great project for some mindless sewing time. (Don't you love those?) Another scrappy project...with tiny pieces! I really fell in love with this pattern. So very scrappy. I am no longer in love with the fabrics I have in this quilt. I will be so glad to finish so I don't have to work with them anymore. All remaining remnants from this lot are gone and donated. You know you have clung on to your scraps too long when all your quilts begin looking the same. This is why they are gone and I have begun a fresh, new scrap bin.



Mondo Bag
I need a large bag for the car to store needed items like my umbrella, blanket, flashlight, extra gloves, handiwipes, etc. I have the fabrics picked out. This should be a fairly quick project, right?


__________________________

I have now listed my main focus projects. We will see how productive I can be these next three months. I have learned it is better to list more than you can possibly get done, mostly because I don't always stick to the "short-list" plan. I might even begin something new! I already have an idea planned...

You can list your goals for this next 2019 quarter on the Finish A Long site here. This community of crafters/quilters/needleworkers will motivate and encourage you to work on your own unfinished projects to get them finished! And the best motivation is at the end of the quarter, you link up each successful finish from your original list which in turn becomes an entry into the draw for some fun prizes! How is that for motivation?

So check them out for more information!  And good luck on finishing your projects. I will be visiting some of those links for inspiration and making new friends.








1 comment:

  1. SO many fun projects on your list!!! I have had a snowball quilt on a to make list for so long! See yours is a fun reminder... :) I must see more of your blog to see the progress you are making!!! On behalf of the FAL hosts, thank so much for joining us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete